2/26/2011

Noise Pop day four

A clear cold day. I was in Berkeley for most of the day in the recording studio. Back on the train to see the Nick Zinner art show. Even though I was late, it was still packed. Ice cream man was nearby, and ice cream in sub-40 degree weather is always good. It didn't snow. I stopped by a friend's house. Finally at ten I was back at Cafe du Nord. The joint was packed for The Black Ryder and Tamaryn. I heard the The Soft Moon was another band to check out.

The Black Ryder came out with a projected light show. They are an Australian band. But they have been bringing their brand of gothic rock to the people here in the States. They have played in SF a few times this year, and recently in LA too. Aimee and Scott both handle the vocal duties. Their songs have shoegazing jangly guitars and strong basslines. At the end it is a heavy experience.

Tamaryn is a newer band who is making a mark already. Their original sounds have captivated many people. I have included a video in a previous post and will let the music speak for itself. They will be on tour with the Raveonettes. That is a show that is not to be missed.

0 comments:

AddToAny